My husband's grandma passed away in January of this year. He is the trustee of her trust. Should we have her taxes done?

Asked by

I've been doing her of her trust. I've been doing her taxes for the last few yrs. Should we just take the taxes in and have them done since she was alive for all of 2011?

We're in Michigan.

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Since she was alive in 2011, the estate may owe taxes (or get a refund if you over paid quarterly taxes). I'd check with a tax professional, but it stands to reason (for me) that you should file for her. Take care,
My MIL passed away in late 2011 and her accountant said we have to do her taxes; which he is taking care of. Take care.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support