Is federal funding available if I have to build on to my house to accommodate my elderly parent?

Asked by

Answers 1 to 4 of 4
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
You can check for options by going to your state website and typing "aging" into the search box. There should be links to follow for help. Also, check with your local Area Agencies on Aging in case they have some advice. You could also check online for government grants for elders, but I don't know of any grants that cover that much. Please let us know if you find something out in your state!
Good luck,
Is there a grant for building a room onto our home for my elderly parents without putting a morgage on our home?
My parents are living in a modular home and my mother needs to be on level ground, and we are planning to build them an efficiency on the back of our home, so we can care for them. Something that our home will not have a 2nd morgage.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support