Is Mom being taken for a ride with a $2500 fee for aid and assistance financial advice?

The ALF my mother wanted to move into had a veterans financial aid company call her to help her get qualified for aid and assistance (she is a veteran and served during the Korean war). They told her the fee would be $2500 to prepare her paperwork and protect any assets she might have. That seems pretty excessive. My mother is 86 and has a total of less than $60, 000 in assets and no house or car. Other than her assets, she relies on social security. Is Mom being taken for a ride with a $2500 fee for aid and assistance financial advice?

The VA will help her fill out the aid and assistance for free. Contact your local VA worker in your county. I just did it myself and got it for my Aunt. They pay me to watch her. She can get up to 1097.00 extra. She was getting it on behalf of her husband. Your mom may get more due to the fact she was the Vet.