Why is my mom hungry every 2 hours?

My mother is 94 and a good eater. She is not over-weight. I enjoy cooking and prepare healthy meals and snacks every day - no processed or junk foods. Lately, she is hungry every 2 hours or so and asks for more to eat. She is disabled and gets little physical activity. I'm perplexed as to why she is hungry so often.

Maybe just bored and eating is something to do.
Yes, I think that may be something to consider. She watches tv, reads, talks to friends on the phone and doesn't seem unhappy - she communicates well. However, boredom may certainly be a contributory factor. Thanks for your feedback, Nance, appreciate it.
I eat when I'm bored, and have the fat to prove it. If your mom isn't fat, then maybe something else is going on. Could it be a medication causing the eating? At her age, I'd let her eat whatever the heck she wanted to anyhow. Hopefully my son will think the same when and if I get to 94 years old.
I agree - I give her whatever she wants, which is always reasonable. Thanks for your feedback - it's been reassuring.
I wish my Mom would eat every two hrs
As our Mom's (or Dad's) age we face the unknown. I never could imagine that I'd have to leave my growing company to become a full-time caregiver and witness/support my mother's aging process. At the rate she's going, she could make it to 100! However, that's a journey I'm not able to imagine. Good luck to us, as we will one day move to the other side of being a caregiver.
Confusion and forgetfulness about food are particularly troubling aspects at Alzheimer's disease.
A person can literally forget to be hungry, or she may forget eating lunch 10 minutes ago and may want to have the meal again. For this reason, I think, It's very important to set up a regular meal time and stick to it, and all must be calorically controlled. If she wants to eat right after a meal, put out a plate of small snacks such as cheese cubes or a sliced banana.
If she is hungry every few hours, it may be she is not getting the right nutrients - sometimes that is why people have cravings.

I have spent some time learning about nutrition and it is amazing how many empty calories there are - an example I heard about the other day was that people who eat instant oatmeal for it's healthy properties get hungry after a few hours because the instant isn't as nutritious as the cooked from scratch kind. Maybe you might consider asking her md for a nutritionist consult and taking in a food diary when you go. Especially if she has just started it may be that, it may be medication - anything is possible.