What documents need to be prepared for Medicaid and in what format?
How does Medicaid like to SEE the visual documents regarding the 5 year look back period. I am a POA for my Mother and have about 1 year left private pay, so getting ready to compile all the back up papers, docs etc. to provide to Medicaid. There are no insurance policies. There are IRA's. I have been keeping an accurate accounting of all the payments through her checkbook for 3 years and it is accurate, down to the penny.
I will add that since I had to get involved in her financials 3 years ago, there are 2 years previously of docs that are scattered when she handled her affairs solely during that time. During that 2 year time I monitored her, but did not get involved with her writing checks, only if they were big ones like for a roof.
- Do they like to see each monthly statement with copies of the checks written attached as well as deposits for all 5 years?
- Do they like to see a chronological setting of checks written out?
- Do they want an official accounting statement from the bank encompassing all transactions?
- If I only have 3 years of statements/checks, do I need to go back to the banks to retrieve the later 2 years?
- What is the best format to present to Medicaid?
Literally one could hand over 3 feet of data to Medicaid, I want to know how to copy/present the docs in an acceptable format.
Thank you and all the best!