barblap Asked May 2010

Do assisted living facilities accept Medicaid?

12

Answers

Metrie Aug 2015
I believe they do, some do. The Friends House in Sandy Spring MD does, I think.
I may have the terms mixed up though.

CarlaCB Apr 2015
Geb51 - are you sure? I checked out Waterman village for my Mom about 4 years ago and was told they didn't accept Medicaid for any purpose, not even the nursing home. I guess it's possible all their Medicaid rooms were filled or maybe they changed their policy but grandfathered in the existing residents?

carolion Apr 2015
Does Aldersley assisted living in san rafael,ca accept medi-cal if a resident's funds become depleted?

carolion Apr 2015
Do assisted living residences accept medical if a residents funds deplete after having lived there?

Sunnygirl1 Nov 2014
I guess it varies by state. In NC they have a state funded Special Assistance Fund that pays for Assisted Living and Memory Care Assisted Living for those who qualify. They also offer services to those who wish to stay in their homes and get assistance there.

For some reason it changes when you go into skilled nursing care like a Nursing Home and regular Medicaid seems to take over then. I'm not sure of the details, but the Assisted Living facilities I have spoken with, are very familiar with it and usually can answer a lot of questions. However, if you think your loved one may not qualify due to having too much income or property, you might get confidential advice from an Elder Law attorney, before you start filling out applications.

OLDSOLDIER Nov 2014
I am on Tricare for life. My disability is less than 100 %. My BOB is 4 October 1923. I have moved into my daughter home following my wife's death. 2010. I have assigned my daughter power of attorney over my finances and all other personal items. I no longer drive. I have a cook, house keeper and bottle washer.

I was informed by a company that I am entitled to benefits since the laws have changed since 1963. I believe the changes refer to those who have 100 % disabilities or possibly those who greater need than I. Thanks for any assistance.

Dianee123 Mar 2014
My Mother is using her LTC insurance right now. They are paying for her stay but not for her phone or cable. She has it for 3 years. After that is up I'm not sure what we will do.

robinp Aug 2012
If my mom has long term care insur. would that help with the pay to stay health care facilty.

14822garden May 2012
Medicaid does not pay for the stay at the ALF, however if the facility qualify for the waiver then they'll get it.

geb51 May 2011
I know that some do. My mother is in an assisted living facility. She suffers from Alzheimer's. Has been there 5 years plus and they do accept Medicaid. This is the Waterman Village in Mt. Dora, FL.