Can I claim myself as a caregiver to my Alzheimer's husband, who is already collecting SSDI?

Asked by

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
It's possible he is, but you should check with a CPA. Rules change yearly and you don't want to do anything that could throw off his income. If he is on Medicaid, that, too will make a difference. In some states, you may qualify as a "paid caregiver", but you'd need to go through his social worker. Good luck,
Yes you can be considered as his caregiver all you have to do is call your local in home support services department.Good luck you better hurry all the funds re being stolen.LOL

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support