Can I sign over ownership of my property to my daughters when I move to sheltered housing, as I will no longer require ownership?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Why wouldn't you sell the home and bank the proceeds for your future care? You do not have to give up anything just because you are moving to a facility. If you sign over your property it is no longer yours and it will be up to your family to offer assistance should you need it in the future.
The cost of care increases every year. Please see a elder financial advisor before you do need to have more information about your options. Ask a friend or someone at your bank for a referral.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support