Can I get paid for taking care of my father?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
The first thing you might want to consider is seeing an elder care attorney. There are such things as a "patient care contract" which allows you to be paid for caring for a loved one. Do you have Power of Attorney? Sometimes that will stipulate that you (the POA) may use funds from the loved ones accounts to pay for their care. That's what my husband and I do for his mother. When we use our own funds for something we are able to transfer those funds from one acct to another. Of course there is a "paper trail" to prove that the money was used for her and her alone. There may also be funds that could come from your local Division of Aging....states differ in what is available. But the first step would be to contact an attorney that specializes in elder care to find out what your options are.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support