My mom needs an elevated toilet that is 18 inches to the rim. Where can I find an "adapter" type product that won't leak?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 4 of 4
Top Answer
I would replace the existing toilet with a taller one. I have a 17" toilet and love it. I believe they go up to 19" tall.
good luck
Lilliput is right, the adaptors are messy - as you probably know... hard to clean easily and can slide around if your elder is heavy. Replacing the toilet is the best idea...
I agree. The problem is I haven't been able to find a toilet 18" to rim. Does anyone know of the company or product name that makes one? Home Depot, Lowe's has 17".
My mom has a potty chair that can be put directly over the toilet with a little adjusting, the heighth can also be adjusted, look into that. Prescricption written by doctor to be purchased at the home health store.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support