Where do you start to get financial aid? My father was sent to a nursing home but we know we can not afford it.

Asked by
Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Seek out the Social Worker with in the facility and the Finance office ASAP. Contact the local Area on Aging.
Blessings Bridget
Contact the State Medicaid office. Medicaid provides the lion's share of nursing home payments for families of limited means. The facility social worker and business office manager can guide you.

Remember: You are NOT responsible for paying for your father's care. Be sure you avoid assuming that responsibility when you sign admission documents.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support