Where do I get the information about home care and getting paid to stay home with my mother.?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


It's not easy to get paid to stay home with an elder (unfortunately). But every state has different methods. Also, if your mother is on Medicaid that could bring you some pay. Go to your state's Web site and look under their version of "aging services." You'll find contact information there, as well as many links. You'll also find your state's version of the Family Caregiver Support Program. They can be very helpful to you.

There are some states that have Cash and Counseling that will help a bit, but not all states offer that. That's why you need to go through your own state for help.

Good luck,
Helpful Answer (0)

Thank you so much for you advice. I am looking into that. I already talked to medicaid and they said it wasn't much. I am also looking into the ones you mentioned I just seem to get a different answer from everyone. So my sister is checking it out also because she is with her right now. She is suppose to come with me for 6 months so to give her a break. She has dementia and we want to keep her out of the nursing home as long as we can.
Thank You,
Liz Peck
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.