dillard4us Asked March 2010

Where can you get adult diapers, with medicaid and passport insurance?

4

Answers

EXPERT Carol Bradley Bursack Mar 2010
I don't know of any way to do that. Anyone else out there who has found a way to get them through Medicaid?

If you also know any struggling mothers out there who are low-income, and have infants, Medicaid will also pay for diapers, 240 per month.

jeannegibbs Jul 2012
My mother and my husband are both on Medicaid and neither is in a care center (yet). They are each also enrolled in a program for persons "in the community" to help them stay out of a nursing home, the reasoning being that in-home care can be less expensive. We did not have to apply separately for this.

We can either get our incontinence supplies delivered on a regular basis or on-demand. I call when we are near the end of a case and another case is delivered to the door within a few days. (My husband's monthly spend-down amount for services is significant. My mother has no spend down. That depends on income.)

Perhaps this is not a program available in most states. It surprises me that more people don't know about it. I hope that the information DiaperExpert39 provided will be useful.

I urge everyone to look into ALL the programs that their loved ones might be eligible for. Don't think, "Oh, I didn't think we'll ever use a care center for Mom, so we won't bother to apply for Medicaid."

jeannegibbs Jul 2012
DiaperExpert39, can you point us to a list of which states have programs that include adult incontinence supplies?