What programs or assistance is there if I am forced to quit my job to care for my mother full-time?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 4 of 4
Top Answer
I don't think there is one darn thing for a care-giver! Something congress should look into - maybe after they get back from their 1 month plus August vacation.
Bravo Pirate.
I too have to be home with my husband constantly. I have contacted Social Services to see if they would pay me to be my husband's caretaker, the answer was "no"!!
I pay my daughter to stay with my Mom while I am at work. I contacted Office of Aging, Social Services etc. to find out what kind of assistance is available and the answer is always NOTHING! I was advised by Office of Aging that most of the programs they had for the elderly were cancelled due to budget cuts.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support