Sensitivity to Cooking Odors. Is this something I should discuss with her doctor?

My 89 y/o MIL has become extremely sensitive to cooking smells. As soon as I start cooking anything with seasoning she has a fit, starts closing doors, opening windows and retreating to her room. She says the smells make her sick. Last night it was a oven roasted chicken with nothing but Montreal Chicken seasoning but it happens when cooking anything that's the least bit seasoned. I'm not sure what to do, I don't want to make her uncomfortable but even bacon frying will set her off. I try using the exhaust fan but its not good enough. Is this something I should discuss with her doctor? Everything I've read is that as people age the LOSE their sense of smell, that is not the case here.

Sure, mention it to her doctor. I'm not aware of that as a symptom of a particular disorder (except pregnancy!), but the doctor might be.

Is she OK eating the seasoned food?
yes, she has no trouble eating the food, although I don't serve her anything very spicy. Its the weirdest thing..
thanks for your help!