Does anyone worry about having enough money to pay for their parent's care?

I may have enough money to pay for my mother's assisted living for the next 2-3 years. After that, then Medicaid will need to take over. I have seen Medicaid facilities and their not that good (some are just scary places). The assisted living that she is currently living at is not perfect but generally okay. Due to state budget cuts, Medicaid may not be available in the future. What do you do then?

Sounds like you'll be spending more than $100,000 over the next 2-3 years? I guess this is coming from your retirement savings? Unless you have tons of money or are many years away from retirement, I can't see shooting your retirement in the foot when your mom qualifies for medicaid now. How old is your mother and what are her health issues?

I share the same worry. I am retired and living on a fixed income and depleting my own resources and my sister is working two jobs to keep our mother in assisted living. It is a terrible problem that keeps me awake at night.
Bless you for your efforts. I found our local Office on Aging the most helpful and comforting. Other resouces not so much.