My sister has power of attorney for my mom & won't let the other siblings see her or check on her health. Now what?

JAMES:

The final decision on whom your mother wants to see rests on her, not your sister. Also, the power of attorney doesn't give your sister the right to hold your mother hostage but control over financial affairs for the most part until the latter (the "principal") says otherwise.

If you know where your mother is, what's stopping you? I don't mean to stir the pot, but I get the feeling your sister is probably telling her you don't want bother coming by. Unless yours and your siblings' presence is detrimental to your mom's health in any way, I don't see why you shouldn't visit. If your mom does in fact miss all of you and your sister is miffed about it, just tell her to get used to it because there's a lot more where that came from.

Surrender should never be an option ... for anyone.

-- ED