My mother has Alzheimer's and is having a terrible time with her money. How can I become power of attorney to oversee her affairs?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
395 helpful answers
Too late. A power of attorney can only be granted while the principal is competent. If you have no such document in place your only option will be petitioning for guardianship. You might as well start researching this now because it is going to take months to get done. Sorry, but perhaps your mother's mistake will provoke others to action before they get stuck as you are.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support