My mother currently lives in independent housing in a retirement community. She barely has enough money to cover the rent each month. Where can we get financial help?

Asked by

I need to find a way to help her pay for her care. She gets a small SS check and small alimony check monthly...Where else can I find money for her. Total she gets each month 1200.00. Her rent is 1164.00 per month..Help from SC!

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
If she qualifies, there are senior government subsidized apartments in most towns. The rent is usually cut in half or more. The apartments in our town are really nice.
I would try your local office on aging and ask about gov. housing in your town.
Good luck

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support