My 87-year-old mother will be moving in with me and my husband. How will she pay for her food and other expenses?

Asked by

She is very frail and has congestive heart disease.

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
You are wise to ask early. She can pay you but you need to keep good records. To be totally safe legally, I'd have an attorney draw up a contract. Then, if she goes on Medicaid, you will have the right records at your fingertips.

Ahh I don't mean to be snide, but how much can an 87 year old eat?. My mom gives me money every week to buy her groceries but I find that she is eating less and less and less now while approaching 86.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support