My mom has asked me to move into her house and take care of her till she passes. Do I have squatters rights to the home?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Not if she has a will or trust leaving the house to someone else, or if someone else's name is on the deed or title. If you are the ONLY living relative, you may have rights to the house after her death, but without a will or trust, her estate would have to go through probate (and lawyer's fees) before you could get title to the house.

You should talk to your mom about her will if you want to inherit her house. this your motive for caring for your Mom....???

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support