EVATORRIENTE555 Asked March 2010

My husband is 75 and shows all signs of Alzheimer's. He refuses to go to the doctor for treatment and is getting abusive with me. What should I do?

1

Answer

anne123 Mar 2010
Your husband's behavior sounds like what was happening to my father a few years ago, while my mother was still alive. My mother could see the changes in Dad's personality because she was living with him 24/7. He was becoming combative and extremely difficult; he also was stubborn and insisted he had no problem ( he still does). This put huge stress on my mother. If I were in your shoes, I would first talk to your husband's doctor in private, and tell him in complete and graphic terms what you are experiencing. I would insist on getting some kind of help. ( The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep squeaking!) This is at least a start. Others here may have other practical suggestions. I feel for you.