My husband and I moved in with my father-in-law. We need financial assistance in his care. What can we do?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1

Does your father in law qualify for Medicaid.

What is your husband doing for him and does your husband have siblings?

If the FIL does not have any money and both of you no longer have any income due to quitting jobs, then you'll end up spending our of your retirement and end up just as poor as she is.

Marriages are put under a lot of extra stress when moving in with a parent or have one move in.

I hope you find some help.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support