My mother pays me $2,400 a month for room and board and I am her full time caregiver. Do I have to claim this on my taxes?

Asked by

My 85 year old disabled mother lives with me, I am her caretaker, she pays me room and board of 2400. per month, do I have to claim this?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
I'd see a CPA for this, or a tax attorney.

You'd have to go with what the government allows, and that will depend on the cost of care in your area. I strongly suggest an expert for this year's taxes.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support