Is it legal to withdraw money in my father's name from a bank account with his name still on it, even if he has been dead for 2 years?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
You would need an elder lawyer to answer that question he or she would be able to help you once in my family I got a letter from a lawyer as did my relatives asking if we had any reason to believe our grandmothers assests would be expected to come to us -when she died her remaining son was her caretaker and we just had to sign a paper saying we had no resaon to receive any money if after 2 years the money is still there must mean he did not owe it to anyone but please do it the legal way with an elder lawyer advising you so there will be no trouble later on and I hope you do get the money-let us know what happens this is a good place to learn information for all of us.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support