I got injury at work and work compensation covered my injury until now, can I get approved for a Nursing Home?

Asked by

I am got injury at work over 2 year already, work compensation covered for my injury until now, can I get approved for Nursing Home ?
I miss sleep every day.

Answers 1 to 1 of 1

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't sleep much either.

If your injury rendered you unable to work, apply for SSI/SSD and any other type of public assistance you can get your hands on (e.g. food stamps).

With the exception of a City shelter, you won't get any housing unless you're able to pay for it. Visit your nearest Dept. of Social Services for assistance. The type of housing you're looking for won't fall on your lap, so don't leave it for the last minute.

Good luck my friend.

-- Ed

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support