I'v.e heard there is financial support for caregivers of disabled people. Where could I learn more?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 3 of 3
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Try your state Web site under "aging services" or something similar. They will have a version of the Family Caregiver Support Program and you state handles much of the federal money available, so they are the ones to help. Good luck,
In our state in order to get help to help pay for aides you have to have very little income and it does not matter if the caregiver is also very disabled.
In Michigan the Department of Human Services does pay a very minimal amount for certain care taking activities if the person being cared for is low income. Its usally around $100 a month.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support