I have heard of a social securety benifit that will pay a stipend to a live in caregiver. Is there such a program in CA?

Asked by

I care for my 90 year old grandmother in her home. She has some short term memory loss and severe osteoporosis and arthritis. She has about 15,000 a year in income from social security and investments. She owns her home free and clear. I am in RN school and make about 5,000 a year at my part time job. I have reviewed the social security web site and have been unable to find any reference to such a program.

I would be grateful for any sugestion

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Top Answer
I know of one possibility; if her husband was a WWII vet, she might qualify for a little known benefit through the VA. It will pay for aid and assistance and is intended to help keep people in their homes if someone is able to assist them.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support