How do I find in home care for 80 year old Mom that accepts Medicaid?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


Does Mom have a Medicaid case worker? I suppose it works differently by state, but my mother and my husband are both on Medicaid, in differen counties. My husband has a case manager through the supplemental insurance handling his Medicaid and Elderly Waiver programs. My mother has a case worker in the county Social Services department. In either case, whenever we have a new need the first thing we do is call the case worker. My husband's needs increased this year and his case worker arranged for a needs assessment and then for a personal care attendant. I did not have to worry about finding someone who accepts Medicaid -- the case worker had a list of agencies they work with. For Mother, her case worker just ordered a hospital bed for her (working with her doctor), and we are requesting, through the case worker, some in-home aid services.

In short, the easiest way to locate what you need for a medicaid recipient is to contact the case worker handling the case. At least that has been my experience.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.