Does anyone know of any financial programs available in the state of Kentucky to provide any sort of payment for caring for my disabled mom?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Top Answer
Contact your local Medicaid (not Medicare) office and see about qualifying as a paid caregiver to your mom. If mom is over income for Medicaid than I would set up a contract, through the assistance of an elder law attorney, to have mom's estate pay you for caregiving services. But make sure to do this with the assistance of an attorney so that when and if there comes a time that her finances are spent out and you have to see about getting her in Medicaid....the money you received for caregiving doesn't become part of the "spend down" mess that is involved with getting someone on Medicaid.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support