Do I need a license to care for my friends father in my home?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
You should check with your state's business code, as you would be working from home.
As far as medical certification, that, too, would depend on your state. Likely, you'd have to have your home inspected and pass a background check, etc., for your state to certify you to do home care. You may be considered a foster care person, and that has special requirements. Each location is different, so check your state website and look for likely contacts to start your state-specific research.
Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support