Has anyone had a good result from using coconut oil in treating the symptoms of Alzheimers, dementia, or Parkinsons?

My husband was cured of his dementia after taking coconut oil. I started him on it after watching a video of Dr. Mary Newport whose husband had Alzheimer's and was helped by taking the coconut oil. I started giving it to Bruce in place of butter and other oils.

The change started within 3 hours starting with clearer speech and thinking patterns, and within 2 months, taking him from a man who couldn't do anything for himself to someone who is back to normal. The tremors took about 3 months and were the last sign to leave.

I know that coconut oil may not help everyone, but I wonder if, in almost every instance, there is some food that could help the starving brain.

We call Bruce's recovery a miracle, but it was brought about by natural means. Are there others with similar stories?

31

Answers

1 2 3 4
Esslential Benign Tremors & Coconut Oil

And thats why I try ANY mineral vitamin oil whatever that might help even a little. What harm can I do!!

Every person is different to some degree, bio-chemically. That's why different foods and meds act differently for any given person.

I bought a container of coconut oil, think it was non hydrogenated (never remember which it was), the "better"one. Husband was so good...I put 1 or 2 teaspoons in his coffee in the morning, and he would take another 3 teaspoons on his own! As is, not mixed in anything. Went thru two containers. Sorry, I didnt notice anything different. After two jars, wouldnt I have noticed a change in his Alzheimers? Or was 3 to 4 teaspoons not enough? Maybe I didnt have the right one. But it did taste good, and I do NOT like coconut.

A lot of things have happened since I posted the last time. Judy has FTD (Cortical basal degeneration) and she ended up in the hospital after I increased the dose of coconut oil to a half teaspoon. She took off running and ended up on her face on the ground, busted her glasses and I had to call 911 to get her up and to the emergency room.
She spent a couple nights in the hospital and they sent her on to a nursing home where she stayed for 22 days. I have had her home about 2 weeks now and she is regaining her strength. I would be interested in knowing if anybody else with an FTD has tried the coconut oil.

Do you think Coconut oil would help someone with Essential Benigh Tremors? My husband suffers from this and although the hand termors can be controled somewhat with meds the head tremors have not improved even with botox injections in his neck.

I too have thought my wife's dementia was caused by medications she took previously. When I first took over her medications she was taking everything from high blood pressure pills, gout pills, and a ton of other things. After a while I asked the doctors if we could take her off everything and then get her back on the medications she needed. The neurologist was kind of ticked that I thought I could do better than she could but she outlined how to get her off the pills as did our GP. It took almost a year to get her off everything and everytime I took her off something there was an almost immediate improvement. When I finally got her off everything the neurologist said she didn't think she could help us any longer so we have just been working with the GP the past 5 or 6 years. Judy did better off the meds (only thing the GP put her back on was the thyroid pill) than she did on it for 4 or 5 years and has just recently begun to decline more.
Getting away from the point. I talked to the GP about it on our last visit and she was all for it and was even able to tell me what brand I should buy. I tried it and she seemed to be in the bathroom more often (I have to help her each time) and I backed off for a week or so. I started it again almost a week ago, half a teaspoon at a time, the first few days I noticed the increased urinations the first couple days but that seems to have slacked off the past few days. It is probably too early to tell, but I think there are a couple instances where she seems to have figured things out a little better than usual. I will add another half teaspoon to her oatmeal in the morning in a few days and try that for a week or so.

This is great! I have found putting minerals in my mother's tea really helps her not to have colds so much. The memory loss medicine she was on was making her nauseous and dizzy. I took her off of it and those things disappeared. She too eats so little, but she always has. The coconut oil sounds great. I put some all over my body and had an allergic reaction to it. My mentor in these things said it was perhaps making the toxins in my body come out. Always take it slowly with naturopathic substances. They can be quite strong. I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Low-Grade Lymphoma Cancer 6 years ago and have done all natural regime of treatment with the concept that disease cant live in an alkaline base (in this case a person's body). Yes i cheat at times but, i learn more and more each day about the way we can live quite healthily if we just learn how to live outside of the toxic physical, mental and environmental environments that surround us. I tell people their first step is to get a shower filter to filter out chlorine that they breathe in from the steam and what goes directly into their bodies as they take a shower. Ok, i could go on all day, i am so excited to hear you are thinking and doing some things in that direction. You will be so glad you did.

Bruce was eventually able to go off all his medications. The only thing that could happen is that he will need less. That shouldn't be a problem unless the doctor is in the pharmaceutics pocket.

I've read that the coconut oil increases the absorption of other medications so I am concerned about the effects it might have on my father's prescriptions. Has anyone seen such an effect or response?

1 2 3 4