Can a sibling get paid from Social Security for taking care of 98 year old Father?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
Not likely. Each state is slightly different with laws, so you can go to the state website and search under "Aging". From there, you should find links to advocates in your state who can help you more.

I have to tell you, though, that Medicare rarely covers care like that. Medicaid (once there is no money left and the person is on the program for "the poor") may pay for some hours, though, so please check with the state.
Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support