Can I obtain guardianship for my out of state mother?

I live in one state and my mother in another can I obtain legal guardianship for her when not in the same state?

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
I don't think it's a matter of where you live, but whether she is considered unable to make her own decisions. Either way, you'll like need to go through an attorney, so you may want to check with an elder law attorney on this issue. State laws vary, so what works in one state may not work in another.
Good luck,

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support