Can I get some government assistant for taking care of my grandmother?

Asked by

i had to quit my job to take care of her

Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Wish I knew the answer to that. I also had to quit my job to take care of my Mother, I am a widow with no income, not old enough. My oldest brother is in charge of her finances, he thinks $1000.00 a month is enough to take care of everything, the cost of everything has gone up and he isn't willing to cash in any of her stocks or cd's. Granted she doesn't have that many but when the nursing home takes them all because I can no longer physically or financially take care of her then he is going to see how far her money will go. I can't even get food stamps because her income is too much, even tho she doesn't have enough coming in every month to pay me. I am not complaining about the money but there should be some assistance for care givers out there someplace but I haven't been able to find any. Take care & God Bless YOu.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support