Can I get paid to care for my mom while she is ill with cancer?

Answers 1 to 3 of 3
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
It's not likely, but you may want to try your state's aging services. Go to their Web site and see what they list under such a topic (probably has a different name). There should be contact information.

You could also try social services and see if they have a local program. Good luck. It's hard to get paid to stay home to care for a loved one - which is sad.
In my state the only way to get paid is mom and dad sign their property over to the state... they can live in it as long as needed... I would get paid for caring for them but, when all is said and done and they are gone. The state takes the property in lue of the wages it paid out to me... Fair? No.
OMG Thats terrible. Thanks for adding a comment

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support