Can I be paid for taking care of Elderly parent in their home?

Asked by

I live in Washington State. Does anyone know of a way for me to be paid for caring for my Mother while I stay in her home?

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Top Answer
Lilly I am in California and I don't know the laws there but I applied for Medical for my mom. She has just been approved and they have what they call In Home Care where you record the hours that the care giver works, or so I believe. I'm waiting for the paper work to come through so that I can fill it out. You can contact your Dept of Social Services and the State to find out.

I'm not sure this will help, but it's worth a try and I'm sure more will follow with suggestions.

Stay in touch.
How kind Pamela. Thank you for your help. Let me know how your journey went. I'll contact DSHS. :) And I will stay in touch. :)

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support