A friend wants to get her dad's property in his children's name because he keeps putting it on the market and forgets. Is this legal?

Asked by
Answers 1 to 1 of 1
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
They'd need to have the Power Of Attorney to do that. If they have this document, it's possible (but the change won't protect assests from Medicaid, unless he doesn't need to file for Medicaid help for five years).

If they really feel this is in his best interest, they should work with an estate attorney to do it right.


Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support