Nearly a year ago I agreed to move in with my elder relative who I live close to due to a diagnosis of advanced stage AD and safety concerns. I have had to endure a lot, and give up even more during this time along with trying to carry on with my other life responsibilities. I did not expect to basically be left totally on my own to handle every aspect of my elders care, day in, day out, for months on end. One of my elders children is the POA, and does not live close by, quite far actually. Via phone everything has to be ran by the POA first, then the POA decides what will or wont be done. I have been voicing my concerns and my opinions that this elders health issues might be more than home care can handle (aka me) for months now. I also voice my stress, exhaustion level, and near nervous breakdown status. I get empty promises of looking into how to get me some time off or help in return. All I can do is wait and see, as patiently as possible, if anything will change. It doesn't. Several weeks ago I made a decision that for my own sanity and health I can't continue on like this. I made it clear that I am no longer willing to continue caregiving and options need to be sought out for this elders care. I am hearing that it's "being looked into" but that's not very comforting. Waiting patiently isn't a game I'm mentally able to play much longer. My question is that what can I do, if anything to get myself out of this situation other than going into an early grave to escape.