Off topic: Book club discussion, "The Goldfinch".
Several days ago ba8alou suggested an online book club, since reading is something many caregivers can engage in but going to local book clubs can be difficult. Several people thought that was a great idea. I think we are kind of waiting for someone to start it. I'm Someone!
Here's how this first crack at it will work.
1) The book is "The Goldfinch" by By Donna Tartt. I hadn't heard of this book suggested by ba8alou but I see it won a Pulitzer Prize and it sounds worth reading.
2) It is available in paperback, hardcover, kindle, and audio. Most libraries should have it.
3) The discussion date is September 1. That should give many of us time to find the book and read it. This means that comments about the book can be added to this thread ON OR AFTER September 1.
4) If you don't finish the book by that date, no problem. When you do finish it, even months from now, pull up this thread, read what others have said, and add your thoughts.
5) Anyone can read the comments anytime, but if you haven't finished it yet and intend to, be aware of the "spoiler" factor. Those who have finished the book may reveal plot details that you'd rather not know until you come to them.
Let's give it a try this way. Depending how it goes we could do another, modify the format, or drop the whole idea.
I ask that the only comments posted now are about the book club idea, but not about the chosen book. Save that until the discussion opens on Sept 1.