Housing for myself.

Started by

I only receive SS. I need help to be on my own. staying with my daughter but need to move. I am capable of taking care of myself except financially. Who do I see or talk to to get help?

1 Comment

Slicensand, if you get SS and are over 62.5 years old, you can qualify for subsidized housing in retirement communities. Some of them are very nice and are safe. Check the communities in your area to see if they handle government subsidies. Some will, while others will not. Those that handle subsidies will charge a reduced rent and apply to the government for the remainder.

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support