A Caregiver's Vow.
Being a caregiver will teach you valuable life lessons. Along this journey, I have made many mental notes to myself regarding my own impending old age that I would like to share.
1. I vow to plan my old age in advance
2. I vow not to become a burden to my children.
3. I vow not to resist having to pay for an outside caregiver
4. I vow not to be negative
5. I vow to continue to exercise and eat right in order to remain healthy as long as possible.
6. I vow to remain socially active and not rely on my children as a source of entertainment.
7. I vow to use the local senior center.
8. I will be open to learning new things no matter how old I get.
7. I will be nice to the people who are trying to help me
8. I will not become stubborn. I will listen to advice with an open mind
9. I will accept the assisted living option and spend the rest of my days there as happily as I possible can.