Where can I get Medicaid help?

Started by

We just moved to NC from NY. In NY my mother- in- law has been under Medicaid for 20+ years because she has cancer and my father- in- law is disabled and on SSI. Now that we moved, she was denied. Their income is about 13,000 a year. Where can I get help either from a social worker or lawyer to have her case re-evaluated and get her the coverage she needs. She is 58 now so I don't think she can get Medicare yet.


1 Comment

Every state has different rules and income restrictions. NC allows only $1293 per month for two people. NY allows only $1175 for two people. BOTH states look at the entire household income, so if they moved in with you when they moved to NC all the household income is factored in.

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support