My mother suffers from Alzheimer's and will need long term care. She curently lives with me and pays me monthly for living expenses.

Started by

Will this be considered a transfer of assets that will count against her Medicaid eligibility?

1 Comment

3930 helpful answers
It could. You should do this in a legal manner with an estate attorney. It would likely cost far more for her to get help from someone else. A lot depends on how much she has been paying you and your local costs. Please get an attorney to figure this out before you apply for Medicaid.

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support