I've left my home to live with my mother who has total hearing loss in one ear and can only hear very little with help of hearing aid

Started by

I am afraid to leave her alone at night when she sleeps because she hears nothing at all without this one hearing aid. Can I get paid for this care. Also she has bad knees and can not move around good. I do all of her work for her. I'm her only surviving child.

1 Comment

3930 helpful answers
You should go to your state's Web site under aging services and that will lead you to local help. Most areas have access to an Area Agency on Aging, but not all communites do. There are great, if you have one. However, for the first "one stop shop" place for locally available help (usually federally funded), your state's Web site should be a big help. Follow the links for aging services and find contact information.

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support