I have no income and need financial help to help my father in a nursing home

Started by

1 Comment

If your fathers income and assets is small than he might qualify for Medicaid. Also, if your father was a vetern than you can apply for a grant called "Aid and Attendance" it will pay a %monthly based on his income. Also, talk to the nursing home director. They might know of some extra money out there he might be able to get.
I knew of someone who made a deal with a nursing home. If she would volunteer so many hours a week at the home they took the difference off her fathers monthy cost to stay there.
I know you will get a lot more suggestions from others on here as well.
Have faith it will work out!

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support