Home repairs for elderly in rural areas from USDA

Started by

Home Repair Loans and Grants provide funds to elderly and very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards, perform necessary repairs, improve or modernize a home, make homes accessible for people with disabilities, or make homes more energy efficient so these very-low-income families use less of their income on utility bills.

For more information about Single-Family Housing Programs or to find out if you are qualified contact your local USDA Rural Development office.

1 Comment

Pam, thanks for sharing this info. Coincidentally, a woman has just posted a question asking about this kind of assistance, so I referred her to your post.

I knew that HUD used to provide grants to communities, but was unaware that the USDA was also involved in grant programs of a similar nature.

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support