Creating documents for caregiving

Started by

My husband and I have moved into my 85 year old father's home to help him. It started off well when we were thinking short term. Now that we have changed our address and moved in some of our personal things that has changed. My Dad resents my husbands help and does not communicate with me. Crossing boundaries is a major issue. I don't want to take advantage of him but I don't want my husband and I to be victims either.
I need to create formal agreements to protect ourselves, but can't find anything suitable online. Any suggestions on how to draft such agreements?

1 Comment

We don't know of a specific document that deals with living arrangements with your parents. Perhaps your local Agency on Aging can help. Look up Agency on Aging in the Yellow Pages of your local phone book. Or try, searching on

Keep the conversation going (or start a new one)

Please enter your Comment

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support