< Back to article

Veterans Pension Helps Pay for Long-Term Care and Home Care


92 year old Mother is living in a 55 plus community. She has dementia. Deceased husband is a WWII vet. She needs in home help a few days a week with personal help. Does she qualify for any help from VA. She gets SS but has never received any other financial VA benefits.

I'm a vet from 1959 no war less you count Castro having missials in cuba I had a brain stem stroke can't do bathroom things yet have took few steps and can feed myself but need some help in home will Va pay They give all medical needs now but want to move to Pa

My father in law who is 94 yrs old has been living with us full time for 5 years now. We are taking care of him full time and also remodeled the bathroom to be ADA accessible for him. Is there any way to get reimbursed or at least get some kind of financial help in WA for us his "caregiver"?

For all who need help with veterans pensions, disability etc. stop at your local Vfw or American legion and see if they have a claim consultant.
They can assist you with the paperwork, questions etc. our consultant was a godsend to us!

I am very new to all of this and have been taking care of both my parents until February of this year we lost my mother but still take care of my father who is retired airforce and cant walk without assistance and cannot drive any longer. Can someone please tell me where to start this journey of receiving assistance as I have left my job and income to make this a priority. thanks so much.

Is social security income included when calculating a veterans widow maximum income

I am a 76 year old 100% disabled male veteran (VietNam era ). I am becoming increasing more in need of help with daily living.


Where do you find the application for Home Health Care my father is 100% disability from World War II e who is 89 years old my mother has been taking care of him for the past nine months and it is taking a toll on her very fast did not know if there was a program to where the VA can come to the house to draw blood from him and check on him time to time it's very hard for my mother to transport him to his doctor's appointment and he can no longer Drive or go by himself she is getting very overwhelmed do not know where to start or where to go please help

Am I reading correctly? The Vet has to have served during a war for him to be eligible for Aid & Attendance?


My mother is 85 and was in the Air Force during the Korean War. She has recently suffered 2 mild strokes, dementia and severe hand tremors. She has no savings and only income is a small amount from S.S. We can't afford the high cost of nursing homes or in home care, and wondering what we should do?