< Back to article

"How Can I Get Paid for Taking Care of My Elderly Parents?"


Kingpin, did you read the article? Caregiver children are paid, in most cases if parent has the resources to do so.

I have been taking care of my elderely parents for 2 years. I had to quit my job to do so. How do I get paid for this care?

How can I get paid for taking care of my mother at home as she has alzheimers, so I had to quit my job. I live in Kansas.

I have lived with my mother off and on. First time was after her heart attack. I had to leave my home, my job and the area to move in. I took care of my mother and father who had mild Alzheimer's. I stayed for a year and left because I was offered my old job back. By then my mother had recovered sufficiently to care for my dad. Nine months later he had gotten so bad that I once again had to leave everything to move in again. Six months later we had to put him a Memory Care facility where he died 3 years later. I once again moved away, this time to a new area and a new job. My mom got worse and again I moved in with her and went on Social Security when I turned 62. She has progressively gotten worse and was recently hospitalized. Her care is more intensive and I do everything...bath her, do all the housework, cook, clean, take her to her dr appts. I would do it all over again for my dear mother, but my Social Security doesn't cover all my expenses and I was wondering if I could get paid for being her caregiver. I live in the state of Washington.

I live in Foley Alabama & am inquiring about getting compensated for the care of my Mom.

I live in Florida and had to leave my job to take care of my elderly mother. Is there any compensation for people like me?

In Pittsburgh, Pa. contact:
Area Agency on Aging
441 Smithfield Street
Second Floor
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15222-2219
SeniorLine: (412) 350-5460
Toll Free: (800) 344-4319
Fax: (412) 350-4330
TDD/TTY: (412)350-2727
Business Office: (412) 350-4234
e-mail: SeniorLine@dhs.county.allegheny.pa.us.area
In Pittsburgh, you cannot be paid as a caregiver if you are also the person's P.O.A.

Just wanting to know Iam employed at chilcare worker at the moment,but want to leave and look after my mum am I entitled to get paid for doing this

Is there a centre in Perth Western Australia


Hello, I've been taking by care of my father who is 82 years old. He's permenantly disabled. He receives retirement and has Medicare. I quit my job of 8 years to care for him. How can I find out if I'm eligible for benefits.